Gastrointestinal and digestive problems are common complaints of women during pregnancy. These issues affect the digestive system that consists of the esophagus, stomach, intestine, and rectum and the organs of digestion like the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. Best Gynecologists in Siliguri state that women who have chronic gastric issues before pregnancy should pay extra attention to their health during their pregnancy.
Table of content:
1. Common digestive problems during pregnancy
2. How to deal with gastric problems during pregnancy
3. Tips to remember
Common digestive problems during pregnancy
Some of the common gastrointestinal issues women experience during pregnancy includes:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
These causes of such issues may vary from poor diet to changes in hormones. You need to consider the risk factors and take care of your health.
How to deal with gastric problems during pregnancy
Gastrointestinal issues can have serious health risks for the mother and the baby during pregnancy. If you experience any symptoms best gynaecologists in siliguri suggest contacting your doctor immediately. Different issues respond to different kinds of treatment. early diagnosis and determination are best for proper care.
You need to make some dietary and lifestyle changes as part of the process to keep yourself healthy and safe. These include:
- Eat a healthy diet- changing your pattern of food habits and what you eat play an important role in this process. Add fibers into your diet and cut down on sugar and caffeine. Processed food should also be reduced and add fruits and vegetables to your diet. You can ask your doctor to give you proper instructions.
- Drink lots of fluids- increase the amount of fluid intake and water daily. Drinking lots of fluids helps in your digestion and prevents you from becoming dehydrated. Constipation is a common problem during this time and fluids prevent that from happening.
- Exercise-add regular exercise to your schedule to boost your blood circulation and bring more oxygen to your organs including bowels to help in their smooth movement. Light exercise or walking will do.
- Medication-if your digestive problems are severe or persistent you will be prescribed medication. Make sure to follow the instructions and have them on time. The appropriate dosage should be taken at the right time.
Tips to remember
Gynaecologists in Siliguri,to avoid gastric problems and the underlying discomfort recommend the following of some of these tips. It will provide you relief and keep you healthy.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes
- Sit up while eating
- Avoid late night snacking and wait at least for an hour after eating to go to sleep
- Walk for a while after your meal
- Chew gum or suck on sour candy. It will help you in producing more salib=va to neutralize the acids in your stomach
- Try sleeping with your head raised above the body
- Eat slowly
- Drink plenty of water