In the childbearing years, women are likely to develop uterine fibroids. Leiomyomas or uterine fibroids are non-cancerous tumours that develop in the womb/uterus. The reason for this unusual development is not well-understood.
Women may have one or multiple muscular fibroids in their wombs. Generally, during a pelvic examination, the condition comes to light. That defines fibroids to be causing no significant symptoms. Make sure you do not ignore if you have discomforts like pelvic pain, heavy, painful periods that last longer, etc. You may consult the top gynaecologist and IVF specialist in Siliguri.
Does Uterine Fibroids Affect Pregnancy?
Yes, uterine fibroids can create pregnancy disturbances. In most cases, women undergo no such challenges and have successful deliveries. But such benign growths can interfere with both pregnancy and fertility.
Below are possible pregnancy complications with uterine fibroids:
- During the first trimester, expectant women may have bleeding with pain or only one. Receiving medical guidance early on, therefore, is of utmost need.
- These growths can obstruct fetal development since it takes place in the womb. Thus, issues may occur with the complete development of the fetus.
- Medical findings have stated these fibroids can cause placental abruption. When the placenta tears away from the uterine wall, it causes a reduction in oxygen and nutrients that a baby gets. Heavy bleeding can take place.
- Pain can result in uterine contractions, leading to premature delivery.
- With large fibroids, the chance of breech position delivery increases.
- The risk of miscarriage may also uplift. Routine health checkups throughout pregnancy offered by your ob-gyn are utterly important.
An ob-gyn is a medical expert who has both gynecological and obstetric expertise. Your doctor ensures absolute maternal care in order to help you witness healthy pregnancy and delivery.
What are the Symptoms and Signs of Uterine Fibroids?
The common symptoms of these fibroids include:
- Painful periods
- Heavy menstrual bleeding with blood clots
- Prolonged periods
- Frequent urination
- A feeling of pressure or pain in your pelvic area
- Trouble emptying the bladder
- Painful intercourse
Effects of Uterine Fibroids on Female Fertility
Fertility issues in females due to uterine fibroids may/may not occur. In rare cases, fibroids can make conceiving challenging. Now the type of fibroids matters. If it’s a submucosal fibroid that bulges into the uterine cavity, pregnancy loss or fertility complications can happen.
It’s wise to connect with a specialist who conducts proper diagnostic procedures so as to give yourself suitable health assistance. In case natural pregnancy is downright concerning, your doctor may suggest the IVF (in vitro fertilization) process or fertility medication.
Several factors that increase the chance of such tumour growths involve:
- Family history/heredity
- Early age period
- Obesity/being overweight
- Vitamin D deficiency
Get optimal support from the leading gynaecologist and obstetrician doctors in Siliguri city. If your doctor feels the importance of treatments, you receive quality medical care.
To prevent your well-being, you need productive lifestyle choices. Focus on eating wholesome food items – fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains. And limit processed foods, refined foods, fast foods, alcohol, and feel-good food items.