Endometriosis is a condition that commonly occurs in women, it happens when the tissues grow outside the uterus. The tissue responds to the hormones that affect the menstrual cycle as endometrial tissue does. It swells and bleeds like the endometrial tissue when there is nowhere for the waste tissue & blood to go.
The tissue is not cancerous, but it can lead to scarring adhesions. It can block the fallopian tube, and cysts can form due to trapped blood. Which eventually leads to cause pain, sometimes causes severe, especially during the menstrual period. This also may develop fertility problems, whenever you face this kind of problem regarding Endometriosis, always try to find the right solution by consulting the best Gynecologist in Siliguri. Experts believe endometriosis affects 25% of the females in India aged between 15-44 years. It is most common among those between the age of the ’30s & ’40s.
Endometriosis can significantly affect a person’s quality of life. In addition to pain, people may face several problems:-
- Chronic pain
- Difficulty in maintaining a social life
- Concerns about not being able to become pregnant.
- The cost of medical care
- Stress, anxiety & depression
- May face problems in Relationships
The primary symptoms of endometriosis are pelvic pain, often associated with menstrual problems. Although many women experience cramping during their menstrual periods, those with endometriosis typically describe menstrual pain far worse than usual. Some of the symptoms related to endometriosis include.
- Long-term lower back & pelvic pain
- Painful cramping, similar to menstrual cramps
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Period lasting longer than 7 days
- Blood in the stool or urine
- Bowel & urinary problems, including pain, diarrhea, constipation & bloating.
- Mood disorder
- Nausea & vomiting
- May Face Difficulty during pregnancy
Cause & Risk Factor
Experts do not know why exactly endometriosis happens, the two risk factors are starting menstruation before the age of 11 years and having heavy & prolonged menstruation, another factor also may role these include.
- Genetic factor, as it appears to run in families member
- The problem in menstrual flow results in blood & tissue not leaving the body
- Immune system-related problems
- Shorter menstrual problem
- High levels of the hormone estrogen in the body
- Alcohol & caffeine consumption
Currently, there is no cure for endometriosis, but various treatment and surgery options are available that help to manage conditions related to endometriosis. To seek excellent medical advice & treatments related to endometriosis & its symptoms consult with the best Gynecologist in Siliguri. Depending on the cause the doctor may recommend a variety of medications & treatments.
In addition to the changes in a person's lifestyle & diet, as well as the doctor may suggest bringing change or to get support for any mood disorder, which eventually helps a person to increase energy and improves health which leads to managing the endometriosis condition well.